At CCAS, one of our highest priorities is to be widely available to students. To accomplish this, we provide advising in many locations across campus, and offer a variety of ways to connect with us:
• Scheduled appointments in Ingraham Hall and five residence halls – visit Get Advising to learn how to schedule an appointment
• Drop-in advising in all five residence hall offices
• Evening drop-in advising at College Library at specific times throughout the semester
• Career advising in the Career Exploration Center.
This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Who is my advisor?
You can find your assigned advisor by logging in to Student Center. If no advisor is listed on the main page, contact us at email@example.com.
Incoming students will be assigned an advisor at SOAR, when you will also choose and enroll in your first-semester courses.
I need help finding an advisor from another school or college
Please follow the link to the Office of Undergraduate Advising and click “Find an Advisor” for a complete list of advising resources.
I'm looking for career advising
Visit the Career Exploration Center (CEC) for assistance with exploring majors and careers. The CEC helps undergraduate students focus on their interests, values, strengths, and personality to give them the tools they need to make decisions about their careers and futures.
Additionally, careers.wisc.edu offers ways to interact with school-college specific career centers.
You can talk with a professional CCAS advisor about:
• exploring majors and careers
• choosing classes
• adding or dropping classes
• applying to limited-enrollment majors
• getting involved on campus
• academic probation
• taking summer classes
• readmission to campus
• how to declare your major of choice
• what to do if denied admission to a program or major
• anything else you have questions about
Peer advisors work with us at SOAR and in our residence hall offices. They are students like you who have been trained to talk with you about:
- their experience as a UW-Madison student
- making changes to your schedule
- how to use enrollment tools
- exploring majors and careers
- how to find and connect with campus resources
- getting involved on campus or in the community
CCAS offers career advising through the Career Exploration Center (CEC). You can talk with a professional career advisor about:
- the connections between majors and careers
- how to begin exploring majors and careers
- career planning
- deciding which major pathway might be the right fit
- how to find out if a job or career is right for you