This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Is this course for me?
What should I do if this course is full?
What should I expect in this class?
The course is divided into three sections: Belong, Explore, Become. First, we will look at the fundamental elements of belonging and examine them in the context of our current lives. Next, we will begin our strategic exploration and spend time with your interests, strengths, and values. We will also explore UW Madison offerings and work to identify multiple paths that align with your findings. Finally, we will put all the pieces together, reflect on your journey, and create a toolkit to use for future decision making.
In this course, you will:
- 1. Identify and summarize the core elements of belongingness.
- 2. Analyze and critique in a scholarly manner material related to college student transitions.
- 3. Identify and meaningfully engage in learning opportunities that explore interests.
- 4. Employ reflective practices to appraise own skills and monitor self-defined goals.
- 5. Design and create a project that demonstrates depth of knowledge and mastery of strategic exploration.
- Class meetings are organized around in-class activities, discussions of out-of-class reading/assignments, and reflections on experiential learning. Evaluation includes writing assignments, course engagement, and reflection activities.
Will this course count towards my degree?
Yes! This 1-credit course counts as an elementary L&S credit and moves you one step closer to 120 credits to graduate.
Do I have to be a member of the Chadbourne Residential College community?
No! Any first-year student is welcome to join. The course will initially be open to students who live in CRC, and will open to all first-year students on Friday, December 3.
Can I take this class in the same semester as another first-year seminar?
Who do I contact if I have more questions?